The team regroup but find that consequences from the strange game are spilling deeper into their lives…
Yellow Dawn – The Age of Hastur, first published in 2007, is an RPG written by British Science Fiction & Dark Fantasy author David J Rodger – it blends the Cthulhu Mythos and cyberpunk genres in a post-apocalyptic setting. It also has three novels set within it: Dog Eat Dog, The Black Lake and The Social Club.
- Winter – built like a young Arnold Schwarzenegger with North American First Nation features. An expert in martial arts and wilderness survival.
- Brendan – slim, awkward in appearance, with dark hair and untrusting blue eyes; he wears black clothing and carries an air of suppressed pain around with him. Scars, like energy burns, to parts of his face hint at his meddling with metaphysical powers. A road mage.
- Bela – tall, bulky, a victim of the 1st wave that left him Changed at the molecular level. Called an ‘Orc’ by those wishing to insult.
- Aaron – 16 years old, tall, willowy, good-looking, quick-witted and intelligent, he was only 6 when Yellow Dawn happened. His survival is a bit of a mystery. Good with his hands and fixing things, his movement is limited by a gammy leg, fixed into a leg-brace.
- Jean – tall, good-looking man, early 30s with classic southern French features; lean and muscular with a long mane of dark hair and blue eyes. Wears a beaten up leather jacket and leather trousers and boots that belong on a fashion parade, not the wilderness.
- Fifi – French girl, 22 years old, dark hair that could do with a comb, teeth a little too big for her mouth and a flat, wide nose, hardly a looker, but with an incredible aura, sense of presence and razor-sharp intellect she is quite the character. Dresses down, an artist, but anyone who gets to know her quickly discovers she comes from money and power.
- Samir – North African, non-Muslim, late 30s, good looking and very charming. Dresses in shabby scavenger suits but can be known to dress smart when the occasion calls for it. Highly intelligent he seems to thrive on making contacts and influencing people.
RESUME 3rd of June YD+10 @ 1pm
Fifi and Winter are in New Tokyo.
Jean is at the tean apartment; it is 9pm for them.
Aaron – location unknown, last known place was at Blade’s venue, 20 floors up, top suite of hotel.
Bela and Brendan are not around.
Samir is in jail.
Aaron wakes up with a Russian girl, and Stipo, the Russian boss sitting nearby – grinning as he cleans a knife. like he has done Aaron a favour.
Winter and Fifi catch a return from New Tokyo to Paris, with connecting transport to Montpellier – as insanely seamless and decadant as that. Fifi has spent 2,000 credits on a pair of crystal “gel” shoes – very orbital fashion with HTMD heels… they are switched on and the flat shoes acquire 6 inch heels made of tangible light. They come in a very pink, very bright bag.
Samir is released from jail. Finally. He finds that his flat has been rented to somebody else. He tracks down the others… 3 bedrooms, taken by Aaron, Winter and Jean. No room for him. Samir is like WTF|!
Jean returns from a debauched night with Valerie.
The team are together. Catching up. Jorge Ibsen calls on them, with the young boy Kirk looking terrified. Ibsen asks why Winter has not called on him yet. Winter says he is buy. Ibsen says, you will see me tomorrow. Winter shrugs. Ibsen is not impressed. Ibsen leaves… later they find Kirk outside their door, something has plunged into and out of him. All fluids drained. And looking like he has suffered a thousand bee-stings.
They call the police who remove the body. A French detective called Gundar seems familiar with this kind of victim. He is not surprised when Winter tells him about Ibsen. Gundar suggests that Winter leaves Montpellier for a while…
Team visited by Stipo. He wants them to find Bryan who ran off when some freaks on wires jumped his boys bringing Bryan back from The Blade’s place. Stipo thinks Bryan is an amazing gambler and has magic. This is odd because Aaron, who played against Bryan, thinks the kid is rubbish.
Bryans family were killed 2 days before the big game. Stipo didnt tell him because he didn’t want Bryan to loose focus on the game – the family were killed with crossbows and had their heads cut off.
Team track Bryan down to Tower 5 of the Five Towers Estate (gang run and controlled by Stipo).
It is a dark and tense place but the characters has protection of Stipo and his side kick Pumo.
Winter is palmed a slap patch of intense Valium – becomes useless as a team player.
Jean smokes a pipe loaded with other drugs.
They find Bryan in the basement but he flees.
Winter and Jean veg out by the main hall. Samir and Fifi head up onto the roof. Bryan is there… he is acting weird and …. morphing into something else. Snarling. Samir films this.
Then 3 figures on zip lines come down and grab Bryan. 4 more figures ( 2 with crossbows on Samir and Fifi) keep them occupied before vanishing off side of room. Bryan is gone.
Stipo appears. Accepts that Samir and team DID find Bryan, so pays the, 500 each. He also offers them 10,000 to track down and remove these bugs. Aaron identifies them as a gang who have been around for 6 months – the Skylines. Reach for your dreams and pull down the Sky. Thieves and graffiti artists.
Team return to their apartment and crash.
RESUME 5th June @ 10 A.M.
Team are in their apartment (although Fifi is at her mother’s) – with Samir sleeping awkwardly on the foam sofa in the cramped lounge. He’s not happy.
Bela and Brendan are not around.
<> No Rank Rolls for this session (20th Jan)
<> All Money up to date – also, some characters have now stated how much of their money they carry round as e-Cash, how much is on online account (accessible via PA with internet connection, and so open to abuse by anybody stealing PA and getting through security — before character can cancel access). Nobody is currently carrying any gold, silver, copper or precious gems.
<> Samir, Brendan and Bela will need to state: How much of their cash is on digital accounts (type of access) and how much is carried on them in gold and gems *with a % for any given time*
<> Winter lost all his gear at the Merkenson estate.
<> Baron Toten Reich has talked to Bela about his “progress” after seeing him coming in (flying) recent night. There was also a small gift.
<> Brendan has the gore-smeared cerebral codexes for Tengo Gin and Magnus Hardstrom in his pocket.
<> In Celeste: Bela has some raw components and specialised components he scavenged on the way to Prudence.
<> Bela has a special ops gel suit, although armour is wrecked over heart and right thigh.
<> Brendan has an assault rife with 24 rounds remaining.
<> Winter and Samir have acquired a large number of firearms and ammunition, plus heavy weaponry, from Mohammed’s camp and the gasses mercs at Bino Bit compound (these are written on DJR paper notes).
IN THE MORGUE:
<> Chris Langford (Dominic), killed by a creature From Beyond at Cereford Grandir near Soubere, 20 miles from Aigues-Mortes. 13th May YD+10.
Want to know more about Living Cities, Dead Zones and the Infection?
If you want to read more about Dead Zones and the Infection, I would strongly suggest you read Dog Eat Dog. Alternatively, if you’re interested in the cosmic horror that has followed the event known as Yellow Dawn, read The Black Lake – which the Guardian called “Atmospheric & Creepy”. Or, if you like the idea of the claustrophobia of living inside of a post-apocalyptic version of London surrounded by Infection, then read The Social Club.
# # #
CREDIT: Featured Hero Image – Les grands ensembles (The Housing Projects) by Pierre Huyghe – all rights reserved