Thoughtful Gifts Before It Becomes Last Minute
If you know the email address of a friend or loved-one then this is a great way of getting a meaningful present to them quickly and without fuss. They don’t even need a Kindle to enjoy a Kindle book – just download a free reading application.
All eight of my novels are available on Kindle. Here’s a quick list of links that give you an overview of each book. Each book is a standalone story occupying a shared universe.
- NEAR FUTURE – SCI-FI DARK FANTASY
- AFTER THE APOCALYPSE
Purchase a Kindle Book as a Gift
Most Kindle books available in the Kindle Store can be given as a gift to anyone with an e-mail address.
Kindle book gift notifications can be sent to any e-mail address. The recipient can read the book on a registered Kindle device or any free Kindle reading application. You do not need a Kindle device to send or receive Kindle books as gifts.
If the giver and the recipient do not live in the same country, the book may not available to the recipient due to copyright restrictions. In these cases the recipient will be given the option to request an exchange for gift credit on their Amazon.com account during the redemption process, or they may contact Customer Service for assistance in exchanging the book.
- From the Kindle Store, select the book you want to purchase as a gift.Note: Free books, books on pre-order, and subscriptions cannot be gifted at this time.
- On the product detail page, click the Give as a Gift button.
- Enter the personal e-mail address of your gift recipient.
- Enter a delivery date.
- Enter an optional gift message.
- Click the Place your order button to finish your gift purchase using your Amazon 1-Click payment method.
You can redeliver a Kindle gift book you’ve purchased by going to Your Digital Orders in Your Account. From the Order Summary page, click the Resend E-mail button.
Download a Kindle Book Gift
When you receive a Kindle book as a gift, you can download it immediately to your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
Kindle book gift notifications can be sent to any e-mail address. When you receive a Kindle book gift, you can read the book on a registered Kindle device or any free Kindle reading application. You do not need a Kindle device to send or receive Kindle books as gifts.
If you do not live in the same country as the person who gave you the Kindle book gift, the book may not available to you due to copyright restrictions. In these cases, you will be given the option to request an exchange for gift credit on your Amazon account during the redemption process, or you may contact Customer Service for assistance in exchanging the book.
- From the gift notification email, click Get your Kindle Book Gift Now. Your browser will automatically take you to your gift on Amazon.
- Click Accept your Kindle Book Gift, and then, if prompted, log in to your Amazon account.
- Select the device that you would like the gift delivered to from the drop-down menu. If you do not have a Kindle device or Kindle reading app, you can download the free reading app after you accept your gift.
Exchange or Return Kindle Device Gifts
You can return a Kindle device you received as a gift from the Online Returns Center.
- From the Returns Center, click Return a gift.
- Enter the Order number, which is located on the packing slip. If you do not have the order number, click on Contact customer service for help.
- Enter your full name and e-mail address.
- Click Continue to proceed with the return process.
After the return is processed, you’ll receive an Amazon gift card in the amount of the returned Kindle device.
Exchange a Kindle Book Gift for an Amazon Gift Card
If you already own the Kindle book you received, would prefer to have something else, or aren’t eligible to receive the gifted book, you can exchange the Kindle Book gift.
We will provide you with an Amazon gift credit redeemable on millions of other items on Amazon, including other Kindle books.
Novels by David J Rodger
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY: