And the Winner Is…
Congratulations to Ade Couper (@bigade1665) who is the winner of the latest Free Friday Giveaway (a chance for punter’s to win one of seven science fiction dark fantasy thrillers or a hardback copy of the RPG Yellow Dawn). He asked me to select one of the novels from the list, so I’ve chosen to send him a copy of The Black Lake, a novel about a post-apocalyptic scientific expedition that suffers the horrors of a haunting on a remote, isolated island above Scotland.
Ade is a mental health care worker, an avid reader and lists his interests as science fiction, Doctor Who, history, and Amnesty International. His favourite books are Sci-fi, particularly magic realism; horror; travel and “off-beat” biographies/memoirs.
Buy The Black Lake
The Earth has been ravaged by an event known as Yellow Dawn. Ten years later, survivors are putting lives back together and probing the frontiers of a new Wilderness; whilst overhead the orbital colonies glide across the sky, removed and unaffected. Five men leave the fortress island of Malta on an expedition to the sub-Arctic waters above Scotland. They intend to undertake scientific observations of an alien meteorological phenomenon that has followed the apocalyptic event. What they find is a cosmic horror that seethes amongst the shadows of a shattered Earth. It is a story of escape and wonder, of madness and terror. David J Rodger delivers a novel that tears open a rent in the boundary of reality, providing a nerve-jarring glimpse of the Outer Chaos and the horrors that hungrily cluster just beyond the threshold of our fragile, human existence.
“I raced through Black Lake and didn’t want it to end. The detailed descriptions of the locations and unique weather conditions all add to the dark atmosphere. You feel you’re there – experiencing the slowly building suspense, dread and fear along with the main character Quint – as the secret of the Black Lake is finally revealed. A good read and crying out for a sequel.”
Previous Winners – Happy People:
- 2013 – January: Free Friday Giveaway. Jez Long (@SpookyJelly). He chose Songs of Spheres as his prize.
- 2012 – October: Free Friday Giveaway. Lena Machina (@leanmachine69). She chose The Black Lake as her prize.
- 2011 – May: Mayday Mayday. Mr Matt M McElroy. He chose Dog Eat Dog as his prize.
- 2011 – March: Enjoy the Ides of March. Andrew Corrieri . He chose Dante’s Fool as his prize.
- 2010 – December: Free Sci-Fi giveaway. Peteofrepublic. He chose Dog Eat Dog as his prize.
- 2010- November: Free Sci-Fi giveaway. Alexandre Siegelin (Germany). He chose EDGE as his prize.
- 2009- July: Free Sci-Fi giveaway. Christopher Clark Plambeck. He chose God Seed as his prize.
Credit: hero feature image – Kyle Thompson – all rights reserved
See more posts like this – click