These are notes from the group of Yellow Dawn players as I take them through the CoC Campaign, Horror on the Orient Express.
23rd Jan @ 5pm…
Train departure from Milan delayed by 5 hours due to snow on the tracks further ahead.
Paul Bishop needs to get back onto train and avoid KSK.
They have the LEFT ARM but no sign of the TORSO; however, all of them are feeling lung irritation and have red splotches appearing on their chests.
- The group carried out a retrospective on Paul Bishop’s activities so the player who’d been absent (NGT) could bring his character back into the game.
- Paul Bishop makes it back onto the train at Milan before departing.
- The team have noticed a woman in her early thirties, once attractive she now has a face with skin that’s a little taught and shiny, as if she’s suffered facial injuries in the past. Dark haired and well dressed she keeps herself to herself but she’s been observed watching a younger woman, or a group of two couples (including the younger woman) from a distance.
- Team arrives in Venice and encounter a MOCID cultural attaché and a group of KSK thugs; the cultural attaché is there to meet a young grieving woman who is departing from the train with a coffin carrying her father. Another young man (her lover) is also there to meet her. The cultural attaché has his thugs beat up the young man. The characters get involved and some skirmishing takes place on the late-night steps of the train station, overlooking the lagoon leading to Venice proper.
- The characters end up hiring the young man, Georgio, to act as their guide in Venice. He’s depressed because he doesn’t think he can stop the cultural attaché stealing his girlfriend.
- The characters track down the family that once owned a part of the statue, a doll maker from the 18th century… and are due to pay a visit there.
- A murder took place not far from the hotel: the media are calling it the orient ripper. The police have been to speak to the characters. Things are heating up.
- The characters have worked out that there are several groups interested in them and the statue:
- Solomon Kane (solicitor) who may also be Mr X
- Mr X – the client of Solomon Kane (or Solomon Kane in disguise) who has tasked the characters with finding the statue.
- Why can’t Mr X do this himself? Answer: because others are out there looking for it, perhaps… people Mr X wants to avoid.
- Who impersonated (wore the skin of) the French translator in Paris: was it Mr X? Recall the fact the man impersonating the translator ducked away at the sight of two thuggish looking Turks wearing red caps.
- So who are the Turks in the red caps?
- Remember that Solomon Kane has asked the characters to deliver the statue to the Red Mosque in Turkey.
Interesting days ahead.
RESUME 25th Jan, noon.
Characters are in Hotel, in Venice, getting ready to head out to the Gremanci doll factory.